Hi! Happy Monday! What are we doing here today? Well, besides wishing it was a Saturday, I recently had to answer these questions for a publication and thought you might all enjoy them!
1. Your best virtue as an author.
2. Your most quirky author habit.
I can’t write at a desk. I use a laptop and have to migrate around, from my bed to the couch to the deck, to the woods, to the lake… to the kitchen, where I’ll stop and eat way too many chips or cookies…
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist.
Just one? Gah. Okay, let’s say integrity.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist.
For them to be flawed in a compelling way.
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask?
I’d ask Janet Evanovich why Steph can’t have a HEA, at least for now, WITH Ranger. J
6. When you aren’t writing, you are____
Reading, hiking, chasing the dogs, paddle boarding, sitting at the lake and dreaming, eating … J
7. Your easiest book to write.
WRAPPED UP IN YOU, because how can you not love a cowboy and a taco truck girl falling in love? Anyway, there’s much more to it, and I had been carrying that story around for a long time so I’d been able to percolate on it and really nail it down before I ever started writing.
8. Your hardest book to write.
ALMOST JUST FRIENDS. Funny enough, I’d been carrying this story around for a long time too, but I getting into Piper’s head and putting her through all I put her through, was harder than I thought it would be.
9. Your ideal writing place.
Outside. There’s something about the air, the lack of internet and the inability to hear anyone inside the house… J
10. Your favorite childhood book.
So many. Charlotte’s Web, The Phantom Tollbooth, Where The Wild Things Are, A Wrinkle In Time, Matilda, Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler…
11. The book you’ve reread the most.
Probably the Harry Potter series. I’m still waiting for my acceptance to Hogwarts letter.
12. Your favorite hero from literature.
Hermoine Granger from the Harry Potter series. J
13. Your favorite villain from literature.
Professor James Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes
14. The name of your autobiography.
Where are the cookies?
15. You favorite comfort food.
See answer to #14. J
16. First thing you do when you finish writing a novel.
Tell myself I don’t ever have to do that again. Then I take a long nap. Then I wake up and start another book.
17. A secret talent you have.
I can eat a whole box of lemon Oreos in one sitting.
18. Where have you always wanted to travel?
I want to see the castles in England and Scotland. Could it be I have a highlander waiting to be written…? J
19. One tip for aspiring authors.
Keep writing through thick and thin, through rejections and questionable reviews, through the doubts, through the highs and lows, never stop.
20. Puppies or kittens?
Are you kidding me? BOTH! All the puppies and all the kittens! If you made it to the end, THANK YOU, and one of you will randomly win the Shalvis book of your choice!